Saturday, July 14, 2012

A birthday surprise.

Last month, it was Anagha's friend, Medha's birthday. All her friends love the snacks I give in her tiffin.Her good Friend Medha loved it the best of all. Once, just a week before her birthday, Anagha's friend said,"I would love it if you could get this on my birthday.'' She had said it casually, but Anagha made it a point to inform  me about it. After that both Anagha and her friend forgot about it.But I remembered to send the snack with Anagha on the day of Medha's birthday.When Anagha opened her snack box,both of them were surprised to see the snack inside. She was touched & surprised and she thanked Anagha several times. In the evening, she had hosted a party in a nearby restaurant and all her friends were invited.All of them gave her ready made gifts,frames,etc.But Anagha said she was more happy about the gift Anagha gave her, a mere favourite dish. 
When Anagha told me this when she came back, I was happy I did something for someone without forgetting the happiness it would give that person.
At that incident I thought,"sometimes even small things make a big difference to someone.'' 

-Swati

5 comments: