Friday, June 24, 2011

Hi,
this is Lataaji again.
Every year in the month of March, my chartered accountant sits with my account books to file the income tax returns. He finishes his work in an hour or two. The other day he told me that I was the only doctor whose accounts were so simple to keep. I realised what he meant by ‘simple'. Simple meant trivial or frugal. I told him 'Yes, financially there is nothing much to gain from my work. There is nothing to hide or seek loopholes to reduce the taxable income, but that is not the reason for less work for you. You have less work because transactions occur not in my financial account but mainly in my emotional account.
Believe me, every time I take an inventory of what I have gathered on my way during the year, I feel rich. The richness I could have never imagined! This year something I noticed that really was mind boggling. I realised that my emotional bank account was full with the highest denominations of currency i.e.LOVE. What surprised me more was that even you all parents have also gathered a lot on the way.
So now I have decided to spend a sizable portion of our emotional bank balance. I wish that all parents from teenager children’s' group should join together to start a new programme "MEET ". I expect 4 families (8 parents) to arrange a monthly meet on a Sunday evening for parents. All of you will discuss any two questions from the questionnaire already given to you.everyone will share his/her revelations. Your shortcomings, doggedness are traumatizing your teenage children. Let us all open up before our friends. Let us help one another to overcome our rigidities. That will help us become little more malleable and not fragile. We all need to become more compassionate and caring. I expect to achieve through "MEET".
Bye,
Lata aji

No comments:

Post a Comment