Monday, December 26, 2011

A new experience

As most of you know, I’m in Std 9. This year, i’m getting a unique experience that I’d love to share with you all. I’m serving as a writer for a learning disabled student from Std 10 for his board exam. I’ll explain further.

My school has a special Resource department where students who are physically, emotionally, mentally or learning disabled students are given extra help to cope with all the others. Well, this year, there are a few learning disabled students who are appearing for their board exams. They’re given a special concession: they have writers, i.e. someone who writes their paper as they dictate so as to reduce their stress. These students (the writers) are usually from Std 9.

I was asked if i would be interested. I loved the idea! Then, the teachers called up my aai and asked her to come to school. Aai and baba got to interact with the mother of the boy for whom i’ll be writing. So then it was decided. I am going to write his prelims as well as board exams. All the subjects, except maths (because he has opted for general maths, which is even simpler than Std 8 ). That paper will be written by a smaller student.

We have been assured that our own studies wouldnt lag behind and we would get extra help where necessary. I’m really looking forward to this experience. So far, i’ve written his computer theory, personality development, P.T. theory, Scout and Guide theory papers. Its been a very different experience. I had to learn to keep my brain and emotions aside as i wrote his paper. No displaying facial expressions in response to his answers. Also, we’ve become good friends. I can’t wait for their proper exams to start.

So please remember, if any of you guys get this opportuninty, be sure to take it.
Cheers,
Saniya.

3 comments:

  1. gr8!! keep it up.it feels nyc 2 have new xperiences . :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saniya, Felt really good about your new experience. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete