Tuesday, March 17, 2015

To spice up a really boring academic life, occasionally a poem or two pop into my head, specially before some critical exam and work well to rejuvenate me. Here is one of those that found its way through all the enthalpic theories stuffed in before my chemistry finals. Astonishing enough is how a little of mere 10 lines out on paper can help to stuff more 100 pages that are to come in next! 

Stars!

Alone on my window sill stood a jar,
Glistering with bright golden shining stars.

Countless of them, each with a name,
Love, aspirations, happiness even fame!

I often stared at the soulless sky,
Wondering why couldn't anything stay up high?  

What was so cosmic, so mysterious about it?
That nobody dared to explore the beauty of it.

And so I released the little stars,
Though fearing they would wander far…

High up I sent them to adorn the skies,
Little soulful simmering butterflies.

Love went north, aspirations down south,
Fame glided by and happiness burst out!

The inky sky finally twinkled,
The fear of mysteries finally dwindled.

Yet hidden in a corner of the empty jar,
Was one of my most valuable star.

That one star refused to bid me good bye,
And thus became ‘hope’ the twinkle in my eye.

2 comments: