Saturday, November 19, 2011

From Lata aaji

Dear children and parents

These days we have been talking about relationships with each other and also one another. Through our discussions we have learnt to accept certain facts as reality of the present moment and have discovered that there is some thing like eternal reality too. I told you that this reality is the “Truth”. Gandhiji says truth or satya means love.

I would like to share how two artists who are married to each other, who perform their music programs together find their reality i.e. love.

Guitarist Tuck Andreas and Singer Patti Cathcart are extraordinary musicians whose music is powerful as well as lovable. Here’s what Tuck has to say about their relationship

“My Life’s work is to subsume my ego into this greater whole, both musically and in our personal relationships. I spent so may years becoming a great guitar technician practicing alone. It was a real change for me to play with someone else, learning how to listen, how to hear through her ears.

I have spent time just learning how to play one note, over and over. We have played some songs thousands of times, but there is always something fresh and new to find there. Just like our relationship. If it becomes stale then I dig more deeply into the rut, I don’t abandon it. To find the freshness that is there. The universe is right here, the universe is not there. To leave room for the space and magic. There is same level of detail at any level of magnification, from the subatomic to the universal, if you look closely enough

Lata aaji

No comments:

Post a Comment