Monday, April 4, 2011

Nanded-the town near grandpa's farm

Hi friends! I am writing this post to give all of you the exciting experiences I had during my trip to Nanded. We (I and mother)at the time of 8:59 managed to board the Devagiri Express at the crowded station of Dadar.Train seemed to be quite clean.After listening to the Walkman for some time ,I dosed off .The train was expected to reach Nanded at7:30.Even I woke up at7:30.Fortunately the train was delayed by one hour.After boarding out,we made our way towards the exit of the station.Here I met my Grandpa.After a small bargain with the driver, we got into a rickshaw. Nanded as I discovered is a small town located near the easternmost side of Maharashtra.It is a dry hot region where rainfall is scarce.We lived at grandpa's home.My uncle had also come from Pune.After bath and breakfast,we left for sightseeing. First we went to a temple.Then went to our 300 year old वडा.Although some walls had given way and roof had broken at many places dirtying the floor and exposing the sky.Still it was fun exploring the heritage building.We then decided to go to Mahur which was famous for the temple of the goddess there.We reached Mahur at 8:10 pm.The temple had closed .We had an overnight stay at a hotel in Mahur.We went to the temple early in the morning .It was said to be very beautiful and crowded.But as we went there during the small hours in the morning ,there was very less crowd so दर्शन was easy.Then we left for Bhoshi,the village where our farm was.there I drove the farmer's Mercedes Benz i.e. the बैलगाड़ी .there I also found a म्हैस licking my hand when I sat near her on a cot.I also learnt to operate the हाप्सा. It truly was a exciting experience.I am looking forward to my next tour there.

No comments:

Post a Comment