Monday, August 22, 2011

Letter from Lata aji

Dear parents and children,
It is 5 o'clock in the morning and here I am writing to you.
I am seeing my " NOW". What do I see ?.
In my" Present"I am focussed on my "NOW"i.e.my "Present"is providing a cheerful background.
Mr Anna Hazare's movement has awakened all of us.It has rekindled the fire within us.Candles have become redundant now."Now" is a beautiful moment for a person who respects democracy.This movement , the media say is "Kranti".The kranti these days picturises destruction,revolt,violence in our mind.It is expression of a volcano of emotional turmoil within the being.I feel however this kranti is different.It is kranti of Jagruti.It is an awakening within.So an expression of kranti is going to be different this time.A drop of salted water in the ocean goes up in the sky as gas,vapour ,as high as it could ever reach due to scorching heat. It reaches the skies and jumps back onto the earth totally rejuvenated. It has become sweet. It can enrich life. I am feeling like that drop of water in the ocean.I am small but I "am".I am going up in the sky with my fellowmen.Moment of awakening helps one to shed off ego and selfishness and suddenly one starts living as a part of whole life in the universe.
We all awakened citizens are in our "NOW".This is the moment of action.This is the moment to shoot the arrow from the bow.
How should we shoot ?.It should be a responsible person's action.My action now has to be effective.Democracy is said to be "of"the people.Therefore all of us collectively are going to react to Anna's call rationally,reasonably and respectfully."NOW" is always divine but one seldom realises it to be so.We have got the rarest opportunity to handle the divine "NOW". Divine "NOW" needs to be handled with utmost dignity. I am sure we can do it. First of all let us be careful not to undo it. Any impulsive,rash reaction can be detrimental here.Our actions are in synchrony now.Synchrony enhances the effect.So the impact of our smallest good act will be exaggerated and so will be the impact of our wrong inappropriate action.The smallest reaction from us is very vital.Our action should not disturb peace at any cost. So far the movement has been peaceful.We citizens have to maintain that peace so that the government is able to perceive the proper dimension of our awakened collective conscience. Though the government is a body,it is not inanimate. Everyone there also is a human being like us. "NOW"both the government and the common man are experiencing that bond of collective conscience and hence those persons in the government who are legally responsible for preserving the frame of our democracy must be allowed to work in peace. It is our duty to allow them to be.So also our policemen and security people be allowed to work peacefully.
Democracy is said to be "By" the people. I feel I am the government "NOW". Each one of us is shaping his own destiny through our "action".Our individual destiny "NOW" is going to be part of our future idol of our democracy. So our individual action and reaction is going to affect the future idol.Each one of us is shaping though the tiniest part of our own destiny, it is going to be an integral vital contribution to our future idol of democracy.Let us strive to
make an icon.
Democracy is said to be "for"the people.Let us get to act "NOW".With utmost humility and faith let us honour the privilege of shaping our democracy for us.
Get, set, go.




No comments:

Post a Comment