Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shravan


Dear all,


This is my first attempt to write on this blog. Through this, I am sharing some of my feelings and memorable moments of Anandmeva Shibir during the month of Shravan.


I know some of you may be wondering why I am sharing this on the last day of Shravan but I feel it is always better to be late than Never and incidentally today is the most important day for all mothers as everyone celebrate Matrudin today.


I still remember first day of this year Shravan …… As usual I switched on Radio during early hours of morning as per my usual practice and first song I heard was tuneful song by Padmaja Fenani ‘ Hasara Nachara Jarasa Lajara’ ….and the song took me into my initial years of Anandmeva Shibir. We used to dance alongwith our children on this tune all Saturdays of Shravan. As Shravan is the month of festivals like Nagapanchami, Rakshabandhan, Gopalkala and so on…, we used to have many interesting programs in Shibir and not to forget delicious khau served at the end of program.


As Shravan is month of festivals, nature is also at his best. Rain prefers to dizzle rather than pouring and shower fills the air with coolness. As soon as we step out of Mumbai, everywhere we see our motherland appears green which represents its freshness. Sprouting of grass makes land appear like a green bed sheet spread just for us. Different colours are splashed as variety of flowers bloom during this season. Even markets are filled with fragrances of flowers like Champa, Chameli, Bakuli and so on.. Nature looks so fresh and youthful like our teens.


I am hopeful that every one of us would have experienced various dimensions of Shravan and would have stored great memories of this season . Lets sing together, dance together and say “Thank you Shravan. Come again Soon..”

Priyanka Navare
28th August 2011.

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that the "comments" section is working again... test comment.

    ReplyDelete