Thursday, March 8, 2012


To, be there


It was many a times
I, walked past and had gazed
dreaming of the grandeur
that lay beyond those
facing the bay.
I, longed to go there

The hidden glares
casting their serene glows
beckoning of the aura
for whom, who could be there

I, wished but once
my stares to rest
just, for being a part
I, hoped to be there

And so it was destined
a meeting of leisure with friends was held
passions, overtook my enthusiasm
I, had to go there

expectations were being unfurled
the ambiance was amazing
wonder struck, I stood
that, I was now there

the glistenings and the glitters
the gourmets and the wines
the delights and romances
the pleasures spread
were all over there

Special, I felt
pampered, wasn't I
they made me belong
for, just being there

Content to my absolute self
the melodies, warming my heart
I, looked thro' those to see
Twilight, caressing the bay.
The sails down the harbour
rocking gently on the waves
It was splendid to sit there

Many, I saw them passing by
overwhelmed by the majestic mystic
enshrined in the glory of the rays
Oh! how wonderful I felt
that, now I had been there

-Kiran





4 comments: