Tuesday, April 10, 2012

09.04.2012
Dear Children,


Hi ! Most of you must have finished your exams by now and now you must be looking forward to do many things that otherwise you are not able to do. Since you have many hobbies and are interested in doing several things I am sure your holidays will be a great fun.


But I wish your holidays should also be a whole new experience. When President Barak Obama was your age, his mother once asked him what his future plans were like? He narrated a whole band of his dreams which really seemed to please her. However she did not say so. She told him that, that was all fine but he would need to have a set of values for himself if he wished to realise his dreams. If you wish to be an achiever it is essential to have a set of values that can provide a solid concrete foundation.


All of you may feel that you already have good values. Let me make you aware that at your age everyone including Barak Obama does feel that he or she has good values. They do not understand that they simply believe in good value structure. It does not meant that they have imbibed and practised those values.


To give your life a value based structure it is not enough to talk about or believe in good values. They must become part of your personality.


To make this happen you must start living by these values. When at the end of the day you relax and watch a TV serial, your mother who is much more exhausted than you, is finishing her chores, it amounts to violence.


When you have a hearty meal everyday and your half starved maid does the cleaning of your dishes you don’t bother to share at least your icecream with her, it shows lack of compassion. You may not be able to feed her everyday but you must share something with her to make her feel that you care.


According to Gandhijee there are only two values: Truth and Non-violence. He says truth is love. Now I would request you to start giving love actively. By doing so, you will be able to discipline your love and automatically imbibed non-violence. Because according to Gandhijee, anything that is against love is violence. You must make every member of your family feel that you love them and this you can do by showing them that you care. Your neighbours, relatives, family friends all love you unconditionally. Use this free time to make a happy call to them. See the difference it makes to them and more than that, the difference it makes to you.


Enough of my sermon now. I stop and good luck. Bye!

Lataaji

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lataaji & all

    I wanted to share one thing with all of you.
    I am at Chennai from last 3 weeks on official duty.I am leaving here in Service Appartment so that I can cook my food.Here one lady servant comes for cleaning to whom I meet only on Sunday.That time I shared Tea, Breakfast & Lunch with her. Except Tamil,she does not understands Hindi or English Language but she showed her joy by expressions & the Appartment owner told me that she got delighted with this & first time she had such a good experience.I appreciated her because she cleans the house very nicely without any complaint so I gave one nice gift to her as a token of love.When I told that next week I am leaving she told me to come again.

    Sandhya Mangale

    ReplyDelete