Saturday, February 16, 2013



Arangetram

                      This is after a long time I am writing on the blog, as I was busy with my Arangetram. I would like to share a few experiences. Arangetram is organized by a dance teacher when she holds complete confidence in her student. When, her student has completed her jr.course, she can dance gracefully and not only perform all by herself or choreograph her own steps but also teach others. It was an honor for me to perform in front of my teacher, her guru, other jury members and my well-wishers and my very best friends.
                     However at first during practice we were not very serious. But when the countdown begun we became hell serious! Our teachers Guru arrived. She happened to be a pleasant and calm lady (which was least expected by us).she came from Kerla and did not understand Hindi or English! She only spoke Malayalam. We thought it would be difficult communicating with her. But we were wrong! In order to correct our every small mistake or error or even to appreciate our dancing skills she use to do only one thing, i.e.to enact it. Her body language, her expressions her mudras(gestures) were enough for us to understand. We had no language barrier between us.we actually spoke to each other through dance, the common language we all knew!
                       I want to thank her as she came all the way from Kerla. A few months back her son had an unfortunate accident and has been in coma since then! Yet she came to help us, guide us righteously.As I mentioned before she is not very good in speaking English and, yet she by hearted a speech the previous night and delivered it with confidence the following day.
                       Also I want to thank all the people who spared some time out of their busy schedules and attended my program to encourage me. Their mere presence gave a boost to my confidence (as u get badly nervous on the stage!) And my apologies to the rest of the people as I couldn't invite them to the program due to limited passes. 
                      

7 comments:

  1. Very well written and nice to hear abt ur teacher's teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Swanandee,
    Hearty Congrats on your Arangetram performance. Your teacher's Guru's communication through the universal language of art- in the form of dance is remarkable.
    We are sure,we will be able to witness many more of your performances.Till then enjoy your dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx.... Aniruddha, n sangeeta mavashi im trying to get the DVD of our program for all of u to watch, n i'll also get my album along! the next time we meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Swanandee, First of all congratulations on your performance.

    It is really wonderful reading such lovely moments, it was a great experience reading through all your special memories, thanks.

    Meghana Mavashi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Swanandee - Super achievement - a dream come true for all classical dancers. Thanks a lot for sharing the 'communication' with your Guru's Guru and her 'commitment' despite all odds.

    You are lucky to have wonderful parents who keep encouraging you.

    lots of love and keep dancing!!!!!!

    Sandeep kaka, Vaishali Maushi and Radha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete