Monday, July 8, 2013

A True Friend


Hi guys! We recently had a poetry writing competition in our school. One of the topics was “Friendship” and we had to write a poem on the spot. This being the last year of my school life, I will be missing my school friends very much so wrote a poem dedicating it to one of my friend. I hope you will enjoy it.
                                             A True Friend


Friends are a must in life,
They are the ones who make you feel nice.
I too have some friends who are rational & wise ,
They are the ones whom I will remember throughout my life.
 
I still remember my first day of school,
Not letting go of my mother’s hand,
I was crying like a fool!
Then I saw a girl very strong and firm,
She was very enthusiastic and curious because new things we were going to learn.

I was very shy and an introvert
I never thought that my life like that would invert,
And today she has become my soul, which is inert.
 
Along all these years,
From her many things I have learnt,
All of my shyness & fear she has burnt.
She came into my life like a passing current.

She used to scold me on my mistakes,
And fight and shout,
When she did this all I would do is pout,
And does she really love me was what I would doubt.

But when we were alone she would give me a tight hug,
And then she would lend me a coffee mug,
Chatting the whole night we would lightly snug.
I thought that the whole life to each other we would tug.

But now we have to part
And go different ways apart
We promise each other that we will meet again,
But for that many of our dreams we’ll have to bargain
 
But whenever in my life it will start to rain,
You will be the first person I will remember, my FRIEND,
And these lovely days I would love to line again...
 

-Divya

6 comments:

  1. Really great poem Divya. You really have a ability to make good poems.The poem made me remember my school days

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Divya. I adore poems and this is one of the loveliest poem i have heard on friends:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely depiction of your feelings. Enjoyed reading.

    radha, vaishali mau, sandy kaka

    ReplyDelete
  4. दिव्या फारच सुंदर कविता लिहिली आहेस ,त्यामुळे मला पण माझ्या मैत्रिणीची आठवण आली,

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent poem.we all enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey very nice poem written. I enjoyed reading very much.

    ReplyDelete