Thursday, July 18, 2013

My path of failure and success........


Hi,

Everyone in this world faces failure and success in their own life in different ways. It is said that failure and success are two sides of the same coin. Failure helps us to grow and takes us towards success. Something like this happened to me, which I want to share with you.
             Each and every school has its own prefectorial body. In our school we have the head boy or the head girl and house captains for our 4 houses. Last year, the students of grade 7th and 8th were allowed to stand for the elections. More than 25 children from my class gave their name, out of which only 8 were selected and I was one of them. Our principal along with the committee members took our personal interview. Out of 8 of us only 3 of us were nominated and were going to stand for the elections and to my amazement I was one of them. As soon as the names were declared we all started campaigning, making charts and posters. I enjoyed a lot. It was my first experience. The day of the elections arrived and all the students from grade V to VIII assembled in our school hall. The two candidates along with me gave a speech. The voting took place and results were announced on the same day. I lost by a margin of just 10 votes. I was heartbroken and started crying. When I came home Aai and Baba explained me the path of Success and failure and told me that there is always a next chance and participation and giving your best is more important than wining. After this failure I came to know that I am capable enough to hold such a big post. One more thing that made me feel capable was that the girl who won the elections came to me and said that she felt that I was more deserving and should have become the head girl. One more thing that I learnt from this episode that people can always change hands. I thought all my friends who are there with me since my first standard will obviously vote for me, but it didn’t happen this way, because they were actually jealous of me being selected. I had chance of becoming the House Captain but I failed in that too.
               This year once again the students of grade VIII and IX were allowed for the elections. I gave my name and was selected. This time my interview also went very well. One of the teachers who was part of the interview committee said that our Principal liked my spirit of participation again (after a failure) as well as my interview very much. I was nominated for the elections. This year one of my friend from our group was also nominated and there were 5 candidates in all. Once again we made charts and did campaigning. This year I enjoyed more Advait was also excited and wanted to help me in making charts and campaigning. Many of Advait’s classmates have their elder siblings in the higher grades so Advait told all his friends to tell brothers or sisters to vote for me. The night before the elections was very exciting. I was calling all my friends and telling them to vote for me. Amod (Antarkar)I is also in my school. That night I called him and told him to tell all his friends to vote for me. With full confidence he told me,”tu kahi kalaji karu nakos sagale tulach vote karnar aahet, aani tujha kam houn jael(Don’t worry at all,all are going to vote for you and your work will be done).”On the day of the elections my speech was excellent. Baba had written it for me.
After the elections in the Recess many children from V and VI came to me and said that I don’t have to worry because all the children from their class have voted for me. I was getting more and more excited. The same day the results were Declared and “I HAD LOST AGAIN” but this time I was not very sad as I was happy that so many students from the whole school know me. Even now after so many weeks, children from lower classes come and say to me “I have voted for you” and when I hear this I feel very nice. This year once again I had an option to stand for the post of House captain but I didn’t. Not because I was afraid of failure but wanted to become the Head Girl next year. At home there was a big discussion on whether I should stand for House captain or withdraw my name.(if I win the post for House captain this year I will not get chance to stand for the post of Head Girl any time ).I finally ended up in withdrawing my name as I( always  ) wanted to become the Head Girl next year. If I lose the election for Head Girl than I get another chance to become the House Captain.
                     This was an excellent experience and will never forget in my life.

This was my path of failure which I hope will reach success next year...........

Avani.

5 comments:

  1. Great Spirit Avani. And also its nice to read something written by you.Hope you continue writting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear avani,
    Welcome to thechequebook as contributor. Very well-written.Keep writing but keep it short. Teenagers have very little time to read.
    Next year, write your own speech.
    Whatever the result, you will learn to know who are your true friends.In politics, not necessary deserving candidate wins.
    sanjay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Avani for your spirits!! Wish you all the Best for becoming Head Girl. Till then, you can still play an important role in helping the elected members, students and teachers etc.That is what Saniya had done in similar situation. Even during the Investiture Ceremony which she had long cherished to be a part of, she played role of 'Handy-man'(on her own) which was very much appreciated even by her Principal. More over she too was satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. अवनी तुझे अभिनंदन

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avani, Hats off to your spirit.... All the best

    ReplyDelete