Thursday, February 24, 2011

SUMAN NAGAR ANNUAL FUNCTION

Hi friends ! This is the first time I am writing in the chequebook and I am very excited about it . I want to relate to you my experience in my this year annual function which was in the last month in my colony .
Like every year this year also we had a get-together in our colony. But this time something very excited took place. In the get-together there are many programs like cooking competition ,sports ,fancy dress competition, dances, skits etc . First of all I took part in the cooking competition for the first time . All my competitors were elderly ladies who obviously were better experienced in cooking than me . But I was quite confident about myself . The major ingredient was coconut. I consulted Sangita Maushi (as we all know how good cook she is) for some good recipe. She gave me a recipe of tender coconut pudding . I liked the recipe very much and decided to make it . We had to make the recipe at home and then bring it to society office for display and judgement. I started making the recipe with a little help from my mother . The recipe was ready and I had to keep it in the refrigerator for setting. I was very confident about my recipe and thought that I would win the first prize . But it is said that over confidence is not good and so did it happen .
The time for the competition was nearing. I removed the pudding from the refrigerator. I was shocked to see that the pudding had not set properly. My mother said that maybe we should keep it in the refrigerator for a longer time. All the participants had arrived in the colony office with their dishes. They all were waiting for me to come. All the decoration I had planned for the pudding went in vain. I became anxious and took down the recipe in a hurry. The judgement had already started and the participants were waiting outside for the result. A lot of time passed but the results had not come. My anxiety further increased. At last judges declared the result. I, of course, could not get the prize as the pudding was not set properly. But to my surprise, judges said that the recipe was very nice, but because it had not set properly, I did not get the prize. The real fun was later.
I was not disheartened by the failure and thus decided to make the recipe again at home. That time the pudding was set properly and became very fluffy and tasty. I wished that this should have happened during the competition. Anyway, I understood my mistakes that I had made the first time.

3 comments:

  1. we are very pleased with your courage to handle the failure.God bless you.
    regards
    omkar-sunita-vivek

    ReplyDelete
  2. so diva pretty cool making awesome dishes ha
    we r gonna come next week 2 have ur dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divya, i can very well visualise your exitement as you narrate your experience! Thanks for your compliments. More happy abt the fact that there are so many budding cooks around.

    ReplyDelete