Friday, February 17, 2012

Hello,
Let me share with you my first experience at Taj Mumbai.In 1986 my younger sister, Swati, ranked 10th in SSC board exams.A felicitation was arranged for all merit rankers at the Taj by Raja Rani Travels.I was amongst the four family members who were allowed to accompany Swati.In our childhood days, eating out in restaurants was a rare occasion.Visiting a five star venue, like the Taj was not even dreamt of.I was a little hesitant to enter the Taj as I felt out of place.I was contemplating about the ettiquets and mannerisms to be adhered at such a place.
To my pleasant surprise and a great relief, the staff at the Taj reception showed courtesy and welcomed us.It was a sign that all guests were accepted and respected irrespective of their age or social stature.The grandeur of Taj was unmistakable.All the exhibited articles, masterpieces of well-known painters, neatly done spic and span interiors and the flower arrangements at every nook and corner.Expensive silverware, gold and diamond jewellery shops shared the floor with traditional Indian clothing and art shops.I was in a different world all together.These memories have not gathered dust even after 25years.
-Suchitra

No comments:

Post a Comment