Monday, February 13, 2012

Memorable High Tea

On last Sunday I got an golden opportunity to visit world famous Tajmahal hotel for High Tea in their Sea Launge restaurant. I was looking forward for the same since Lataajit told us about the same . Hence I was very happy right from Sunday morning , as the day had come which I was eagerly waiting for!! Before departing for High Tea, Lataaji had explained us the concept of High Tea, as well as what we to look for, right after entering Taj. The entrance of Taj was huge. The amazing and beautiful floral arrangements, ethnic furniture, large chandeliers made me feel of entering palace. The photoframes of our well known politicians, dignitaries, players, actors, and also masteries were displayed in the lobby towards sea-launge. While walking towards sea-launge , I saw shops of international brands.


What a grand entrance to restaurant! A huge long staircase with a beautiful as well as colourful carpet led me to sea launge restaurant and I experienced what a red carpet welcome is! The restaurant’s atmosphere was filled in with euphony of piano. The hostess made all of us comfortable. She was so kind to have everyone’s sitting in such a way so that all can enjoy the direct view of Arabian Sea. The restaurant was lighten up with deemed lights. The corners were placed with variety of lamp shades with wooden carved stands. Walls were decorated with wooden carved show-pieces. The wooden carved statues playing Sarangi was perfect match to live piano. Another interesting thing I would like to share is the photoframes hanged on walls were so big, but the pictures or drawings mounted inside it were comparatively small. But still pictures look prominent. The same way we felt importance even in such big restaurant.


Now, the most interesting part that is the food section. Lataaji had already suggested us to try something new which normally we have not tasted. The same thing was also recommended by the manager of the restaurant. When steward placed three tier high tea stand on our table, we could see that it contained cold sandwiches with salmon, Turkey Quiches, Scones and some variety of vegetable food. I really enjoyed these food stuff a lot even though I tasted it for the first time. I also liked dimsums and golden prawns. In desserts I enjoyed eating swiss role, lemongrass brulee, lemon bavarois (as I like tangy taste more). Lataaji’s briefing and advice from the staff of restaurant - both helped us a lot in choosing items from a variety of food which was available. I had never seen so much variety of tea and coffee beans. The manager as well as other staff explained us about the ingredients of the food stuff.


The staff of restaurant was surprised when we gave them origami Flowers and pineapple made by Shubham as well as Thank U card drawn by Shivani on behalf of all of us.


Really this was the one of most memorable evening I had and I am sure this is more or less same for all my friends present at tea party. It was high time to say good bye to restaurant staff and I said to myself “Wah Taj”!!!!

Priyanka Navare

No comments:

Post a Comment