Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My May vacation

Hi all,
 I had wonderful vacation in May. Whole May I was not in Mumbai. On 1st May I reached Sweden. Where my baba is staying for a project. My aai was not with us, Because she had work of Wayam. So I went with my Rupali mavshi. She is our family friend. We were staying in ‘Sandviken’ one very tiny village. There was my baba’s office- Sandvik. That small town was awesome. It was self sufficient as there was huge ‘sandvik’ company.  We saw one copper mine there, that was functioning from 1600 to 1980. I also saw live soccer match there. In May at Sweden sun rises at 4 a.m. and sets at 9.30 p.m. So we had a long  day.
 Sweden is one of the richest countries in the world. Population of Sweden is very less. So people have huge houses with backyards. Because of much Cattle raising activity, all milk items was very pure & best quality. Our apartment in Sweden was too small, still I liked it so much that I developed emotional bonding about that apartment. Sweden is very safe. Even after 10p.m. I could take walk alone around our house.  Swedish people are very friendly. I stayed in Sweden for 10 days.
 On 10th day, we flew to Nethrlands, where Ashish kaka (Rupali mavashi’s husband) is staying. We were staying in Dan Hag city. In Netherlands I saw millions of tulips. When we were travelling by train we could see tulips like colourful piece of land. In netherlands water level is little bit up the land level. To avoid flooding Dutch govt. has made huge canals. So almost every family has its own boat to travel around. There were many windmills. They were very ancient. I saw one old, big castle in Netherlands. It has more than 200 rooms. In September Queen & her family lives there. In Netherlands people do much cycling. There are big cycle stands like our car parking areas.
Netherlands has more population than Sweden. Dutch people  are not as friendly as the Swedish. Weather of Netherland is very bad. It drizzles always. After drizzling weather becomes very chilled. Almost 3-4 degrees. And there wind flows are very strongly. I loved Sweden bit more than Netherlands.
After a vacation of 15 days I flew back to India alone. Rupali mavashi & her daughter stayed back in Netherlands. I wanted to go to Kashmir just after that, so I returned. Traveling alone by plane was a great experience for me. I gained much confidence because of traveling alone.
 I returned back to Mumbai on 17th may. We had flight of Shrinagar on 18th May. We 6 families were together. Kasmir is very beautiful. We went to Pahalgam, Shrinagar & Gulmarg. In Shrinagar we stayed in a houseboat. We saw Chasmeshahi, Shalimar, Nishad gardens. There were very plenty of colorful roses. In Gulmarg We travelled by cable car (gondola).  We played in snow. In Pahalgam We did river rafting. It was thrilling experience. Kashmir is really a NANDANWAN.

Tulips @ Netherland





Boats& Canals @ NL


3 Floors cycla parking in Amsterdam (NL)


                                    
                                                                                                                          -Mallika




2 comments:

  1. बाग फारच सुंदर आहे tulipरांग फारच चांगले आहेत

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netherlands looks good in photos.If you have some photos of sweden please share on chequebook. Otherwise a great post.Keep writing more about your experiences

    ReplyDelete