Wednesday, November 28, 2012

THANKSGIVING

The last weekend of November is Thanksgiving weekend in the USA.I was thinking about it when something suddenly struck me.In my mind I started thinking about people whom I would like to thank for making me feel good.It was  a huge list.Then I thought of people who consistently try to help me feel relaxed in this stressful Mumbai life.Many people help me in many ways.
After my immediate family,i.e.Om and Dnyanesh,who always get prority,come my parents and in laws.
I do spend a lot of time in terms of minutes and seconds with my parents as compared to the rest of my friends.But do I spend time when they want ?No was the answer.I was living with this guilt all these days and so I felt that I just couldn't love them enough.This guilt made me miserable.
Lataaji Anilajoba definitely needed more love than what I could alone offer.But because so many people other than me loved them immensely,the little bit of love which I could give didn't seem that little.Others were compensating for it in their own loving manner and hence they didn't feel the void.
Previously I thought that me,Adwait,Anita and Dnyanesh should be doing everything for my parents.But todayIi realised that Ananya,Om,Shibir families,Neighbours,vegetable fruit vendors ,security staff,servants,so many of them were loving them truely.That is why both of them ware so happy andcould reciprocate in the same loving manner.After all this introspection I suddenly felt guiltfree and so whatever time I started spending with  both of them ,I felt I could reach out to them better than before.
Now I don't feel I can't love them enough.My love too has found freedom ,just like me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gargee, Beautiful post.
    Your post helped me in getting clarity in my thoughts. Just a day before me and Jayant were discussing about our parents and the same thoughts we were stuck like, we feel, we are giving our best to them, but, " is it really the same way they want our love? and if we sure answer is No, then how to go about this and make them feel more loved and happy.

    But after reading your post, i realised few things and regular introspections will help getting answers from within.

    Tk care
    Meghana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear gargee, very apt thought. have u read one Lalit lekh of Padmaja Phatak? Your post reminded me of that. I forgot the name. But it says, how the chain of love and help is formed in society. Love and gratitude mey not be one to one reciprocal basis, but it passes from A to B to C and finally everybody benefits. goodness should always flow!
    shubhada

    ReplyDelete