Sunday, December 2, 2012

Butterfly experience


Hi friends,
         Today, I would like to share my experience about the butterfly which came on the lemon tree which is there in our window. 
The butterfly which came out was common Mormon. It was a female butterfly. The very first time I noticed the caterpillar while watering my plants and was very excited and immediately clicked the pictures and sent it to Mahesh kaka for Om’s view and comments. 
When Om called me in the evening he told me everything about that butterfly. Everyone in my family was excited and Baba borrowed tripod stand from my mama to capture everyday’s few second video and on last day to make movie out of it for everyone’s view. 
We did everything religiously but one night it just came out and flew and we found that empty cocoon next day morning. We were very sad but then decided to keep the plant inside the house whenever we get the same caterpillar again.
   
The second time it didn't actually come on its own but I got it from another lime tree. 
After few days it formed a cocoon, I kept the plant inside my house. The caterpillar came out a week later. 
On that morning when I was leaving for my school it turned completely black and we thought it will come out in the evening but I was very happy my mom, Mahek and other siblings got the chance to see the butterfly which came out but in the morning at 9 and was there till 12.30 sitting on one of the plants but unfortunately flew just few minutes before I reached home.  
 I was more than happy when saw the pictures which I have attached below.

After that it became my great hobby to go down in the garden and see the caterpillars and find different cocoons. In between Om came home to learn bread and after his class we spent most of the time down in the garden and he showed me lot of things and I never miss the chance of spending time with Om and Omkar because I get to learn so many things and can able to see many beautiful things happens in nature which my others friend cannot see and get that happiness.    

Now what I do, I collect cocoons and give it to others so even they can get that happiness. 

Thank you


Vedant

3 comments:

  1. dear vedant i am happy that you all enjoy birth of butterfly, for that you all taken lots of precaution ,keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really good to see that your hobby is building up. And with a butterfly being born in your house you get to learn a lot of things. Also sharing common mormon cocoons is harmful to the butterfly inside as the cocoon is delicate and it attaches itself to tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vedant, we are shibirathees are blessed with this hobby of collecting cocoons and giving it to all around us. Mallika had given some cocoons to her scool friends 3-4 years back and they still enjoy the birth of butterflies every year. We owe so much to Lata aaji and Sudhanshu kaka for giving us the first ever cocoon.

    shubhada

    ReplyDelete