Thursday, December 13, 2012


Generosity of our class

It was early December. School trip was scheduled on 15th. Most of the students in our class paid fee for the trip. But some 4-5 poor students couldn’t. They were unhappy about it. Me and some of my friends noticed that. We told our class-teacher that we will contribute for them. Our class-teacher told all the students to bring 5 rupees each, so that we will collect 250 Rs. So, one of our friends can come. But I had an idea. I know, most of us carry some money with us as we are that grown-up. Thus I asked the class, ``Can we contribute just now?’’ my friends said, ``of course, we can.’’ Then I made an envelope from my note-book page and stood on the platform. I asked the students to keep their money in it. Most of the students gathered hurriedly. Each one kept some amount- 20, 30, 50 Rs. In 5 minutes, we could have 250 Rs, enough for one student’s trip fee. We were happy. I gave that amount to the class-teacher. She was happy too. She felt proud of our class.
Next day, we brought few more Rs with us. Again we had 250 Rs. So we paid for one more student.
Now 50 students from our class are coming for the trip. There are few more, who are not coming, but because of personal reasons.
We all, including our class-teacher are happy that all poor students can come to the trip now.
Mallika Chaukar 

3 comments:

  1. great,well done Mallika. Glad that the students could come and hope you had a good trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good initiative and very good narration too.
    keep it uo both.
    Vikas

    ReplyDelete