Saturday, December 29, 2012

Visit to the Kahna National Park

   Hello friends! Just wanted to share my recent experience with you all....
 I visited the Kanha national park & came back just today. I had gone there along with many girls & boys from our shibir. I had never been to Madhya Pradesh before, so it was a completely new experience. We saw some beautiful birds & animals in the national park. Sadly, our gypsy could only spot a Tiger cub( a royal Bengal tiger cub!!) & we could not see the tigress that the other two gypsies spotted. I felt disheartened at first , but then just accepted that luck wasn't on our side. I contended  myself by looking at birds & other animals rather than cursing my luck & pondering on the same thing the whole day. I clicked lots of photos & it somewhat helped to lighten my mood. It felt good to be in the presence of nature , away from the litter of our concrete jungle.
  We also went to Dhua-dhar waterfalls (on the Narmada) & I was amazed by the sheer force with which the waterfall fell into the river. It caused the spray to rise high up where it drizzled on us as we stood at the railing. 
It is true that one finds peace while in nature's presence.( no wonder most rushi- munis  found salvation in the forests!!!)
    I'd like to specially thank Sunita maushi and Arti maushi for their company as they were the only elders accompanying us. They did not overdo their 'elder's' responsibility yet kept us disciplined the whole time. 
   All in all, the trip was very informative & we all had fun & I'm sure nobody will be forgetting this trip in a hurry!!!!

-Anagha

3 comments:

  1. dear anagha we all are happy that you enjoyed this trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear anagha, you have wriiten the experience very well. thank you for sharing.
    shubhada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anagha - this is a very nice account of your overall experience. I was always lured by the advertisement of the MP tourism. Your description has made it irresistable now. Thanks dear.

    Vaishali Maushi

    ReplyDelete