Monday, December 24, 2012

Long live Pitta - Another story

I wanted to share my experience since long however on reading the Pitta experience and Sudhanshu being the common link it was all the more imperative to share.
Frankly nature has been existing since ages and its calls as well, however friends like Nulkar family and mentors like Lata aaji have helped us get closer to it.
One such occasion experienced by me sometime ago. Driving back post my morning jog, suddenly a Kite (bird) appeared from nowhere in front of my vehicle. In a split second the moment he appeared, it dived straigth under the vehicle bonnet. Though at approx.30 kms speed, i braked hard enough to stop in the next 8 - 10 feet. By that time, he had under went my vehicle belly and lay flat on the road. Fearing the worst, I halted to ensure the vehicles from behind do not overrun it. I got off and saw a another kite swooping down and nudging it to fly. That I guess helped it to shake up and turn over to its normal sitting position. Yet it lay still without moving from the spot. At least with this, I could feel my heart beating again. I then carefully shifted it to the side of the road to clear the traffic. Immediately, the first recall was Sudhanshu, he helped me with address of the nearest Veternary Hospital and got it admitted there.
I was relieved and satisfied with a little lesser burden of guilt in my mind of being the reason to cause an injury to a bird.
Later, I started analysing the cause of the sudden sweep of this bird in front of my vehicle. I observed that many of these birds were perfomring similar swooping acts and were actually picking big twigs / small sticks for building their nests.
At home we recollected two earlier instances when Sudhanshu had been the connect to save an Owl and a Pond Heron we had found near our residence. These kind of sharing like Pitta episode inspires us get into these acts. For future in case of any animal help, the contact details of these rescue homes / hospital are given below:

> Karuna - “Geeta Building”, J.P.Road, Opp. Bombay Bazar, Andheri – W, Mumbai-58.
OfficesCovered AreasContact Numbers
h
AndheriBandra to Andheri+91 22 6514 1313

+91 22 6515 1313 MulundMulund to Kanjurmarg+91 22 3252 2588 ThaneThane+91 22 2560 8383     GujaratPalanpur+91 2742 255 775
> Animal Hospital - Dr. SS Rao Road, Parel East, Parel East, Mumbai, +91 22 2413 5434
Mahesh  

1 comment: