Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let This Be Known

One day recently, I was having a really hectic day. I was tired and irritated and bored. I was grumbling to myself about being in 10th Std. That was when I decided to write about everything I loved about being a teenager, just to change my mood. This is what came of it in the end. I was feeling pretty great after writing it. 
Not a penny in my pocket, not a care in the world,
I walk down the street, singing out loud.
I jump, I dance, I even whistle and I laugh,
Oh, you bet I can stand out in the crowd.

It’s so great to be a teenager in the city, I know
When all the world’s my playground,
When my only worry are my bad hair days
And the laughter of joy is my only sound.

I’m not afraid of anyone or anything,
Hey, no one can push me out,
‘Coz I’m not a day more than fifteen
I’m a teen, a Wondergirl, have no doubt.

So for all you adults who wait for me
to grow up into one of your own,
I have no plans of changing soon,
Let this be known.

Oh, I’ll say it once, again and a hundred times,
To be a teenager is a gift, a blessing, a boon
We’re the best, we have a life
And we live it from noon to night to noon!

8 comments:

  1. u write gr8. keep it up.wud lv 2 read mr frm u and others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed to have so many lovely teenagers around

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your poem very much.I also once again want to become teenager like you all.
    regards,
    Sunita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. V good Saniya, nice, enthusiastic expression. i could imagine Happy Saniya singing this!
    Shubhada chaukar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply great,Saniya.

    Teens, ye blossoming flowers
    thy sway in the whirlwinds
    carefree to the world
    dare to live ya dreams
    toss the troubles with a flick
    let laughter be ur yardstick
    enjoy urself to the hilt
    because ur a teen, a teen, and only a teen
    Kiran

    ReplyDelete