Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Teacher's Day Celebration !

       Hello  friends !
                 From last   month I was busy in  Teacher's  Day  Celebration programme .For Teacher's day ,we have a celebration in our school which is managed and completely conducted , planned ,arranged by the students of class 10 .This preparation begins a month  before.
                At the beginning ,we held many discussions . We decided about the whole programme and then people were appointed by the Head Girl to carry out different tasks and responsibilities were given to the respective students. As usual  backdrop responsibility was given to me . Actually  , I had decided not to participate in any time consuming activity   But I couldn't stop myself  when it was  backdrop .I prepared myself for the  Backdrop  once again ....
              There was a bit change this time. On other occasions  our guide us  what we have to do and how, What materials to use ,etc. But this time we students decided all the backdrop materials required , expenses ,props etc.At the beginning Iwas anxious about the work and kept saying " All is  Well ". Along with my classmates  many new junior students were also working under my supervision. This was something new and different  for me.
              During this backdrop , we had to miss  Lectures, our portion lacked behind,but we had to cope up with it. Inspite  of missing the studies ,some girls use to come & do nothing but just waste time . Thought I didn't like this, I had to adjust with such people. But, still  it was fun handling all this.
           Today till the last moment,we were busy  in arranging the props, decorating the hall ,the staff room, and what not ? The same condition was with the other girls participating in dance ,play , etc. For last five years I used to sit in audience and watch the programme, but this year I was at the backstage, behind the curtains. Some props was coming out ,someone's dupatta slipping off, or nosering not fitting and so many other problems. There was a lot of commotion, chaos inside but on stage everything went on smoothly.All teachers appreciated the programme and praised us.
          Today though I couldn't watch the programme from audience, I enjoyed the whole event even more  behind the curtains. I  often go backstage to  take autographs of artists .That time I used to enjoy seeing people  packing up quickly , collecting properties, people running from here to there. Today I experienced it . Though I had to miss some lectures, spend my time for backdrop, I enjoyed everything. This was a very good experience for me.

6 comments:

  1. nice experience..one advantage of being back is that you can see from back what is happening in front..and not vice-versa.god bless you.
    vivek

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good you enjoyed seeing everything from another perspective.very well narrated
    Gargee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good you enjoyed seeing everything from another perspective.very well narrated
    Gargee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, for sharing an eventful learning experience.

    Kiran.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shivani!
    Getting to know your experience was great, as I saw the whole teachers day celebration program conducted by the 10th graders in our school from the opposite side! In our school,the program was simply outstanding & I'm sure that the experience for the people working backstage must have been as enjoyable as the outcome was on the stage.I'm very sure you'll took lot of effort in the smooth functioning of the program.
    Keep it up!
    -Anagha

    ReplyDelete