Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dear All,

Before sharing my mistakes with you all let me share one thing that these mistakes were unknowingly done by me and I will definitely not repeat the same mistakes.

Many of the old parents may know this incidence, but I am sharing this for new parents. Though it was a group mistake , I am looking at  it as my individual mistake so that I can rectify myself for future such incidences.

In the year 2004 we had organized a trip to Kashmir. 7 families of our shibir with kids, their parents and relatives was our group.

After the trip was over, we wanted to share the photographs and the videos of our trip. Lata aji suggested that we can see these photos collectively at our shibir place.

We also had arranged some food from outside and one of the item was puranpoli. We had arranged ‘tup’ also but we served puranpoli with cold tup, which disturbed Lataaji very much. As readymade puran polis are dry. And cold ghee made it all the more dry. We realized our mistake after she pointed out the mistake. I think this was the classic example of mistake in social parenting on our part.

The second incidence is very recent, when she had organized a high-tea at hotel Taj. She made us realize that we all were wrong in behaving as a social parent as nobody asked Jayashri or Mahendra about Karan’s absence for that event.

I am feeling extremely sorry for that. On social parenting there is no improvement from my side. I am sure many of you also must be having the same feeling.

Lataaji had given us a pocket mirror saying that your behavior should be such that you should be able to see your reflection  with a smile on your face. I think I cannot keep a smiling face while looking in the mirror.

So let us start working on it collectively and also on individual basis.

Archana Naik

No comments:

Post a Comment