Monday, May 21, 2012

My new innings in life

All My Dears
. Let me take this opportunity to share a good news with you.
 With active support & encouragement from Vaishali and Radha , I have quit my active & hectic corporate life (30th April 2012 was my last day)to pursue my passion : to train people to be healthy and calm.

It has given immense sense of satisfaction to pursue what I had been doing for the past 11 years as a hobby. It gave me a purpose of life .Not only will I be available for people to assist them for their stress management, it would also have a positive impact on my health too.(which has been a cause of concern for me and my family and friends for a long time)

 Let me share one small incident which happened in the last fortnight. One counsellor in a private hospital came to know about my passion and she requested me to join for a discussion to support drug rehab patients. In course of the discussion, we decided to test some of the techniques with the drug rehabilation patients themselves. The patients (drug addicts)came from different strata of soceity as well as from different religions with various causes leading them to the addiction. These people become very violent during the course of de-addiction and they needed some support during these testing times.
I was given 15-20 minutes to interact with them
After the 15 odd minutes of interactions, each and every participant came and thanked me for the session (including the counsellors )
Their reaction gave me a sense of joy and satisfaction and helped me to reconfirm that i had taken the decision for the right cause
I also experienced that though I had gone to assist them and teach them some techniques, I too learned a lot from them. they gave me more than I could give them
I am excited with this new dimension in my life as there are good opportunities to experience the intearcations with various people. it will also give me enough time to pursue my other hobbies (singing, listening to music..) . though the financial returns may not be as high as the corporate world, but it will be enough to live comfortably without changing our current lifestyle
Thank you and I am sure that your good wishes and encouragement is always with me
lots of Love
Sandeep Yederi

2 comments:

  1. Sandeep,

    All the best. Now you will feel that your work is like your hobby. You will never get tired since you are doing things that you like.

    Welcome to gang !!! You know i am doing something that I like.... Never the less I will be keen to understand your stress management techniques...

    Anand Naik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandeep,

    Hearty congragulations for choosing the work you like. All the best. I would be interested in knowing more about the same

    ReplyDelete