Thursday, May 24, 2012


I recall something when I read the poem about Letty. Let me share it with you!
Even my parents had brought me a globe when I was probably in 5th. I just hated Geography, they just wanted to create some kind of interest for Geography in me. They kept it near my studying area & advised me to just have a casual look at it when I was somewhere around.
And that helped !! I would see to it that I have a look at it every time I was around there & that started creating interest for Geography ( I said interest & not liking coz I never liked Geography !! I still hate it!!)
Over a period I became fluent in all the things required at that time (5th std) on the Globe & then after a year I felt there was no need of the globe and kept it in the cupboard.
It remained there for many years until we shifted to a new house last year. When I was packing my things in cupboard, I bumped on to this Globe covered with dust. I just kept looking at that globe which took me back to my 5th std.
I then decided to keep that globe with me henceforth. And even today it is there in my room above the cupboard. Though its of lesser use to me I have a look at it when I am somewhere around many a times.... just go back to my school days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment