Sunday, May 20, 2012

Where I erred in social parenting:  There are 2 instances which I would like to mention here:
1.      There was a tie and dye session which was organized.  I was one of the co-ordinators.  Four different colours were diluted in water in 4 small buckets and white kerchiefs had to be dipped in them to give them a colourful effect.  I realized only at the end of the session that a lot of colour was wasted since whatever was left of the mixtures had to be disposed off.   As against this, I remember that Shantala had managed a similar exercise much more efficiently and without generating any waste by dabbing different colours on wet handkerchiefs and twisting them to give an amazing tie and dye effect.  Thanks, Shantala, for contributing to my learning.

I have realized after some introspection that I have not been able to give time and emotional support to some of our friends in the shibir.  My sincere apologies to Meghana.  I should have communicated with her more often outside shibir hours during her difficult times.  As I write about this, my heart fills with gratitude towards other parents who have managed to do this very well

Vaishali Yederi

No comments:

Post a Comment