Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A post from Kiran Swadi

This post is on behalf of Kiran Swadi, since he  is currently out of station and unable to post this himself .

            I am one of the parents who help Lataajji in smooth functioning of some projects of junior shibir. In this process some assignments are given to me to be performed in the shibir. I was asked to share a video taken by Shubham & Krutika of the sparrow nesting at our residence. Lataajji has instructed me that the entire process has to be interesting to the kids and their parents. The video could not be shown in the shibir due to some or other technical problem. It was very disappointing for kids, their parents and also to my own kids who have taken efforts to take the videos/photos. This situation could have been avoided. I should have visited the shibir in advance, sorted out the technical hitch well in advance, so that the entire process would have been successful. This happened due to my over confidence, carelessness. This was the failure on my part in respect of community parenting.

            Also, I wish to share another incident. Some of the craft projects in the shibir are given to Shantala. I help her in bringing all the materials required from the market. In one of the project I was to bring small square shaped papers. I did bring the same duly cut in square shapes from the printing press. I did not verify the correctness of the same at home.   When we started performing some craft tutorials the kids started complaining about the shapes of the paper.  They were not of perfect square shaped. We had to cut the same in proper shape once again. Precious time was lost. The entire planned programme could not be completed. To avoid such occurrence in future, both of us ensure that the preparations are done well in advance, check the same. All cutting of papers is done at home to avoid last moment hurriedness. 

-From Kiran Swadi

No comments:

Post a Comment