Monday, May 14, 2012

My mistake on social parenting


Hello All,

I would like to add my two cents regarding how I failed as a responsible (social) parent on some instances.

That one instance which I remember very clearly is when Lata Aaji had organized an event on the building terrace at Sion. The event was for everyone to attend and a lot of preparations had gone into it. Every arrangement had been made on the terrace but due to sudden rains the event had to be cancelled and everything had to be undone.
My mistake on that day was that I already had some other commitments due to which I was not going to attend the event, but I failed to inform about my unavailability to Lata Aaji.
Later when I learnt about the mishap, I realized that how irresponsible I had been. The least I could have done was to intimate Lata Aaji about my unavailability so that that much less preparation could have gone in, for the organizing team, for ordering food and other arrangement efforts.

I truly regretted my irresponsible action and I felt this happened due to lack of gratitude in me towards Lata aaji, and everyone responsible to make this shibir happen.
 
On that day I resolved to myself & decided for good that never again I would repeat such a thing and will always look at opportunities to improve myself to become an even better responsible (social) parent.

Thank you.

Meghana Ingole.

No comments:

Post a Comment