Friday, May 18, 2012

My Journey with Rubik

Most of you know that I solved the Rubiks cube, right? Well, I got really hooked up on to it and for many days, I could be seen in different corners of my house twisting and turning the colourful 3X3 horror.
Then, I mastered it. I started to do small technical adjustments to improve my time (eg: I removed all the pieces of the cube, greased the inside with vaseline, and rearranged it. Managed to knock 45 secs off my time). I can now solve a fully scrambled cube in a minute and half. Soon, it became quite easy and did not pose a challenge any longer. Then I taught Aai. She learnt it too. Then we would both try to get our hands on the cube at the same time. By this time, the poor cube had become worn out, due to my hard handling when I was trying to set a new personal record. I mentioned this to Aai, who realized we needed a new cube.
So one evening, home she came with TWO new cubes! And the special part is, that one was a regular cube while the other IS A 4X4! (It's the same thing, only with 16 squares on each side instead of 9. It's the baap of the regular). I was super-scared. I was just not sure that I could do it. So then, one weekend, I logged on to YouTube and took the tutorial. I was right, it was difficult.
Of course, I started out immediately. And I realized that as challenging as it was, it was equally interesting. And so, I actually solved it one evening!!!
It's not too easy and actually I haven't been able to solve it since. (Maybe I solved it accidentally the first time too, who knows?) My point is, it's really exciting. Now, maybe, I'll master this one too and move on to bigger, more scary versions of the cube. You know what? I'm actually looking forward to it!
Love,
Saniya.

P.S. I hear that quite a few of you have solved it too. Looking forward to racing you guys soon! Also, for those who want to solve it, here's a helpful link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQIoPyfQzM. There are two parts to the video. Do try...



3 comments:

  1. congrats!! for your stupendous achievement.
    I think you are the fastest around the corner to solve the cube. even i cant solve it that fast!!
    by now i have mastered 4x4 n very nearly have achieved mastery in 5x5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear saniya.... can you teach me too>>> looking eagerly to learn the technique.. also well done amod. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of congos!!!
    so far im able 2 do only 1 side of 3x3. :( :( pls pls pls help me 2 do the rest.

    ReplyDelete