Friday, July 27, 2012

A remembrance of the past
I love to remember the different events of my life. Many a times a small column in my cupboard reminds me of many of my experiences, relationships and the people who love me as a friend. It is just amazing how such a small place can hold so many memories and joyous moments. It is an ordinary cupboard with ordinary things in it. But this collection is the most prized possession of mine. It has so many things I would not like to forget; Friendship bands- Friendship day is every year but every band is something special and is precious to me, Birthday cards- they are increasing in number every year, yet the new ones are as beautiful  as the initial ones.Some of them are really beautiful and some have been done with an open heart, but both had been made with lots of love. Also a book on friendship from a departing  friend with sweet poems and rhymes that touch my heart whenever I read them and remind me of her. A few of the tiny projects everyone makes when they are little(the small handmade books made out of art sheet, a quiz game and some handmade bookmarks)A letter written to someone when I was really angry, A dress designed and drawn for me by a friend who never really liked drawing and other little things that are not actually little but have a great purpose behind them.
Every time I open this cupboard, I am drawn to this corner where sometimes I get tears in my eyes and sometimes all the happiness in the world.
I'm sure many of you must be having some memories you never want to let go.......but losing them in this busy life
You shouldn't because..............they are just too precious!!

-Anagha

3 comments:

  1. Dear Anagha,
    You have well narrated the treasures of various things, kept in the cupboard and enjoying the sweet memories associated with them. Well described, little girl.
    Jayashree Mavshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ananagha, I agree with you as I have few lovely memories with my school friends which I have treasured from many years (Cindrella, Goofy,Donald stickers and few cards and letters).

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written and i liked it,also some of these corners hold very precious memories.

    ReplyDelete