Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi friends,
Would like to share some interesting facts.

Title is -"The things taught to me by my breakages (fractures, slip disk, ligament tear etc.) over the past years.

1. My first fracture was 1 year after my marriage. I learnt to use Knife. I was not comfortable to the idea and  I also thought that Vili (in Marathi) is the best. But I stand corrected and slowly but surely I became more comfortable and expert in using it, so much so, that I have come a full circle and now only use knife for everything.
2. Next was my slip disk. I learnt to use English toilet for which I was dead against of and also had inhibitions. But my injury was the remedy for my mental blockages to certain ideas.
3. Next came some ligament injuries and toe fracture together with a plaster on my foot and 2 small kids to look after. I drove scooter with my kids and with the fracture. I couldn't depend on others to do all the chores for me for 1 month. That taught me to look for my limitations and ask for the (only) needed help from others and that to with dignity and not by arousing pity.That also firmed my belief in the goodness around us. Any unknown passerby would put my scooter on stand, grocer and vegetable supplier would extend his help in bringing the bags to me, or kick start the scooter for me and that too with a ready smile.With so much warmth around the difficulty of the situation was not that difficult after all.
4. Now that I am again facing the famous breakage, all these things are coming back to me with hoards of positive things coming my way. This time I realised the power of goodwill created by you along the way without any expectations in return. So many people have extended their loving hands my way, that its really overwhelming.
Also there is a thin line between being ill and being handicapped for the short duration. I think we should always remember it.
That's enough for now.
Would like to share some incidents with you all. But that's for the  next time.
Till then. Have a nice life.

Bhagyashree

2 comments:

  1. really touching Bhagyashree maushi. I cannot imagine how you handled all these injuries while others cry over minor ones.It really shows your determination in life.
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

    -Anagha

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done bhagayshree. you spotted the opportunity in the challenge and connected with many people & experienced their support and love. Vaishali and Sandeep

    ReplyDelete