Monday, July 2, 2012


Dear all,

This is Aarti, Harsha and Rahul's mother writing for the first time and I would like to share an incident which occured during May vacations.  It happened so that I read an article in Vasturang on house of Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar. It was suggested to visit the place at any time between 10am to 3pm. and can show children his daily used things like his study table, his books, his pens and many more articles. I was amazed to know that his bunglow, "Rajgriha" is in Hindu  Colony is near to our place, and wanted to visit once during summer holidays alongwith children.  I remembered seeing the bulding "Rajgriha"many a times passing by the street. I applied for one CL from office and decided to visit the very place. It was a sunny bright late morning and we reached there arond 11:45 am.  As we reached we were surprised to know that the entrance of the building was closed and no one really knew about any display of his used articles and things and his  house for public viewing.  We were disappointed a bit as we walked through almost two bus stops to reach. There was a cobbler near his house who was eating his food.  I enquired about public viewing of Dr.Ambedkar's house, and he just denied.  He said it can only be done only on two days of the year i.e.14th Feb and 6th Dec. I requested him as, "Kaka can't it be done today as I really wanted to show my children the Vaastu of such a great man because of whom the cnturies old Varna Vywastha which gave such a inhuman treatment to Dalit people was given a downfall.  They were treated very badly by other section of society and was only revived and were given special rights and included in our social flow only by work of Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar. I can do like other mothers taking children for movie or in a mall but I wanted add something more eternal or a lifetime experience and that is the reason  I have  taken my childern here.  Then he asked "who you are are you a Brahmin", I said No, then he said "Jaybhim", I said "No" and don't know what strucked my mind I said "I am an Indian"," who believes the great work done by Dr.Ambedkar", and to our surprise he said "Ok I can't do much about it but only I can allow you to go around this Vaastu from ground floor and not up"  I said Ok and then we were just going around the place touching the walls and the pillars and guessing and imagining around.  In a minute after he called us near him and said "Bayo just go from this passage up on first floor and knock the door you may come across dauther-in-law of Dr.Ambedkar and she might take you in".  We went the same way and an elderly lady in white saree enquired about our visit I told her Mam may we come for a few minutes  today as it is next to impossible to visit on those two days, she was convinced that normally people come to visit his place considering him God and just take Darshan of his photos and go but are not interested and impressed(Bhaarawlele) many at seeing his Vaastu and his things.  She allowed us in,  we gently rubbed  our hand on his chair, his table his bookshelf and we were in tears to stand in the place where he used to be.  We just experienced it for few minutes and thanked her holding her hands.  I thought in my mind that because of us she might was disturbed and in future I will never inform anyone to visit the place only on the two dates.  And this was a lifetime expexperience for me and my children....  Thank you.

Ps.This experince sharing is possible only because of dear Mokshada

5 comments:

  1. Great experience, Aarati. Nice to read.
    Shubhada

    ReplyDelete
  2. its good experience ,i think your wish is also more powerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idea brilliant, execution perfect.
    sanjay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice experience, good of you to take so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good experience shared.
    Kiran & Swati

    ReplyDelete