Friday, July 6, 2012

Random act of kindness - Lata aaji

Random Act of Kindness

The other day I got a call from a Doctor from Pune. He had just finished reading my book which he had got from the library and was utterly impressed. His baby is just a year old and the book, according to him, threw good light on the path he has chosen. The book showed him precise dimensions of parenting.
More interesting part of the story comes now. He was overwhelmed by the love and concern on could feel all through the book and wished to sincerely thank me for that. But he realized that he did not have my telephone number or email id. He was thinking how to reach me. Just then at that moment he saw something.
At the back of the book, some unknown reader had written my name and telephone no. in case some one wished to get in touch with me.
We both were touched by this unique human gesture of expressing love, gratitude and social responsibility!

Lata aaji

2 comments:

  1. So nice expression of gratitude. Have no words to express!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice. Actually publishers should print the name and contact details of writer on the book. Earlier they used to have. I received a call recently from Vandana Sudheer Kulkarnee, Marriage Counselor from Pune. One young couple was sitting in front of her asking her they they want to study Parenting before planning for a child. Vandana has heard abt Lata aaji's book from me a lot. So she dialled me and asked me to helped that couple. I suggested them `Anandyatra', though it is for the parenting of chidren aged 4 to 10, I suppose every couple should read it in advance to develop their mindset to become good parents.
    shubhada chaukar

    ReplyDelete