Saturday, July 21, 2012

Two years back I appeared for my tenth std and was desperate to join Ruia college for my 11th and 12th as all my senior friends had created a beautiful impression about this college in my mind.Even before my results were out, we came to know that one of my mom's best childhood friend Pratibha mavshi was a botany professor at Ruia.She was very happy when we went to see her.She enquired how I fared in my exams.She enquired about all family members.
Recently they have built a small farmhouse at Mahabaleshwar in the memory of their daughter [who is no more].During my 10th vacation we visited the place when she was there.We all together enjoyed the beautiful place and forgot all the tension and aspirations for those three days.We painted a warli shirt for Mihir,her son and gave it to her during our stay.After three days she called us and said that he has totally gone crazy on getting the shirt.She further added that he was continuously wearing that shirt for two days and is saying that he would always wear that shirt for all his functions and occassions.
Two months later my results were out and yes!!!!!! I got into Ruia.
She helped me acclamatise to the college environment.She often helped me with the office work, practicals, journals, but most important of all was her moral support during those rigourous and stressful days.One quality about her which I liked was that she used to treat all the college staff respectfully.She used to take me to all her professor friends and peons and used to introduce me as her sister's son.
In my whole year I never attended any lectures except for her's.I remember when I once attended her lecture,ther were only 7 students including me, but still she was teaching them wholeheartedly.She proudly introduced me to the class and told stories about her and my mothers friendship.
For token of appreciation I prepared a frame of warli painting which I am planning to present it to her very soon.
When she came to know that I got admission in MGM medical college she was very happy.I really thank her from the bottom of my heart.

-Mohit


One incident I would like to share about Pratibha. After the results of 11th std semesters ,the college had announced for the parents meeting,which was at 2pm at Ruia.It was really difficult for me to attend the meeting.Pratibha sensed this and she called me up on the day prior, assuring me that she would attend the meeting on my behalf.Later when I called up to thank her,she gave me confidence that henceforthshe would be Mohit's guardianin the college and would take care of his commitments there.And she always kept her word.To me she is an ideal friend.

-Suchitra

1 comment:

  1. Your Pratibha mavshi must be a real good human being.And Definitely Suchitra must have nourished the relationship with her friend from many years. Its a nice gesture to present the Warli frame. Nice painting. Very good Mohit!!

    ReplyDelete