Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Fathers Day- from Sudhanshu

Post From Sudhanshu:

Father’s Day_ Remembering My Daddy

As the father’s day approaches, newspapers publish various articles, stories, about fathers. It reminded me of my Daddy. He was universally known as “Daddy”. When I was 2-3 years old,I started calling him Daddy, and then everyone called him Daddy – Even his Boss!

As I grew older, we developed a friendly relationship with each other. Our relatives, his friends, neighbours envy this relationship, even today. We tried to accept each other ‘as we were’. Thus when I told him that I had quit all my vices (bad habits, I had many!), he just smiled and said, “Yes I knew you would, some day.”  He left his huge property for me to inherit – MUSIC.I became a good listener of music, because I had someone like him, to discuss, ask, argue,( sometimes fight also) about Music. This made me a true music SHOUKIN than just a casual listener.

Flashback- Year 1998, Jan.27th

Mokshada was wheeled to labour room. Soon a shrill cry announced the arrival of a bundle of joy in this world. Moments later, the doctor brought her to me. I was the first person to see her, apart from the medical staff. I whispered my “KULDEVATA’s name in her ears and thanked this little child and Mokshada for letting me earn a new degree of “BABA”. Flashback over. Back to the present.

Since then, the father’s day is different for me. It’s a day of introspection for me. Am I a better father today than yesterday? Rather than teaching my daughter, have I provided her an opportunity to learn what she wants to? Does my thinking and behaviour stand high with respect to morals? In addition to my own child do I think about other children?  Am I improving as a social father? Have I faced moments of crisis and glory equally well?

My sincere efforts towards becoming a better father would be a true SHRADDHANJALI to my Daddy.

Happy Fathers Day!

-Sudhanshu   

1 comment: