Wednesday, June 6, 2012

IPL and Controversies


Hello Everyone,
Before you read on my blog, I would like to confess that I took help of my parents' to sanitize the English grammar and punctuations, but the views and opinion are completely mine....so please read on.

As everyone is aware, recently IPL season 5 concluded followed with a bigger than ever pomp and extravagant celebration by the winning team. Media footages covered more of those stories rather than the synopsis of the game played. In fact it felt like the format of IPL is designed to emphasize more of after game parties in big 5 star swanky hotels rather than emphasizing on the quality of the game played. All along I was struggling to see some real cricket played as a game. I couldn't see any nail biting strategies being used in any of the matches as compared to any One Day formats. In one day format, you see strategies being used right from the moment two teams go for a toss till the last ball is balled. I feel that One Day format is where the real mettle of the team gets tested.
What I saw and read MORE during the IPL season is about the winning teams after game celebration parties, off-field controversies, spot-fixing allegations, endorsements etc. Some key players were seen performing well in advertisements than on-field games!
 
I myself play cricket sincerely and hence know the meaning of winning and losing. I always look forward for IPL new season and sincerely feel that each team should play serious cricket and not just as a source of entertainment. I genuinely feel that players should have the sincerity and honesty when they belong to certain zone or team and should play fair game as the people who watch have great faith in them. And cricket should be played only as a game and not a piece of entertainment. This is what I feel about IPL and its controversies.

Now that you have read my opinion, do you agree with it or you have a different opinion? I would be more than happy to hear your views.

Regards,
Vedant.

5 comments:

  1. i agree with you that ipl is a mixture of glamour and cricket.Ipl will always be there for our entertainment and timepass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. पुढच्या वेळी आईबाबांकडून ग्रामर व पक्चूएशनही sanitize करून घेऊ नकोस.
    आयपीएल म्हणजे रस्त्यावरची पाणीपूरी, वनडे म्हणजे रेस्टॉरंटमधील जेवण व टेस्टमॅच म्हणजे ताज हे लक्षात ठेवलं की झालं.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kaka,

    I will keep this in mind and i will improve on my own english instead of taking help.

    The way you related IPL, One day and test match with all this really funny and you know earlier when i used to watch IPL used to get too much irritated and angry and even used to cry when players give stupid performance or some incidents but you know what i do now when while watching IPL cricket someone's playing try my patience we simply laugh and switch off the match and i feel really good because now i can use my logic afer reading news and daily events on such hyped shows and madeup acts or publicity stunts and cope up.
    Vedant.

    ReplyDelete