Wednesday, June 13, 2012


I am posting following beautiful incidence that happened with Sudhanshu. Let us salute him !


My ‘Gandhi’giri

Last week, I was travelling in local train, two college students (aged 20-22) got in and sat opposite to me. While talking, one of them took out a bar of Perk and opened it. A small piece of the wrapping was torn while opening it. The other boy quickly threw it out, before I could stop him. I expressed my displeasure and He started arguing, “What to do, this is India, you know”, he said. I told him, “This is OUR India and we have to keep our motherland clean and healthy. It is a prime responsibility of educated and cultured citizens like you and me, to observe right civic manners.” He said, “There isn’t any dustbin here, so what else to do?, Neither the government, nor the Railways provide dustbin.” I suggested keeping the remaining piece of wrapping in pocket and disposing it afterwards, in dustbin on platform. The first guy who had taken out the bar, seemed to be more sensible, he crumpled the wrapping and put it in his pocket.

I thought for a moment, took out a hexagonal piece of coloured paper and started folding an origami flower. A difficult model, it took me nearly 30 minutes to complete it, by the time I had reached my destination. I politely presented the beautiful flower to the boy, saying, “I made this very specially for you. Plz accept it.” Wonderstruck and delighted, he accepted it. Then I said again, “Plz keep it in your wallet. It will remind you of something good. Whenever you look at it, it will always remind you of our clean and healthy India.” I alighted the train, leaving the boy speechless.

Sudhanshu.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really great on Sudhanshu's part which needs courage.Also its a nice gesture to present a flower to that boy which will remind him about this learning. Even we should follow this. One of the best use of Origami..

    ReplyDelete
  3. His courage and candour in public is commendable. However another important aspect is, he used his knowledge without any expectations / returns for himself but just leaving a positive good feeling with an unknown person is also the highlight.

    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deed by Sudhanshu. A big salute to him. I really wonder how the idea of struck to him! He has got a big heart and he is using his art to spread nobility in the society. The earlier part of the story- to convince others not to throw anything out of train, I have done many times. but the anger or discomfort spreads on my face while talking to such people. I will keep in mind to hold a positive, kind attitude with such undisciplined people, though i could not be so noble as of Sudhanshu.
    shubhada chaukar

    ReplyDelete