Monday, June 25, 2012

Pleasure activities at home

Hello my friends,

I want to share something about my interest which I am currently developing.

It is gardening. I used to discuss with my parents on improving my concentration in studies as well as at any work I undertake. They suggested me many things which we together can do. My mother gave me this idea of using the grill area of windows to grow vegetables. When I tried it, it was fun doing it.

First, I went to the nursery with my mother. She told me to choose plants on my own and I bought many plants such as mint, rose, lemon, bilva, vidyache pan cha creeper etc. Sunday I spent the whole afternoon and evening with plants.

First I went down collected all the small stones and arranged in pot and later sat and actually mixed the soil and potted all the plants. Later I sowed many seeds like cucumber, papadi, dhane, badishep, ginger and flowers like Aster and Ziniya. I am planning to grow spinach and many other vegetables in my kitchen grill now.

I and my sister also learnt one thing on how to take care of cleanliness of our staircase while doing such work. I realized as it was raining and due to mud we spoiled the staircase but we assured the watchman that we will clean it by mopping. In the night I was sitting next to our hall window and was watching my plants with great happiness. This was the best day as I had lot of fun doing this with my family and I just love spending my time with them. I also decided to water my plants on my own and take extreme care of it.

Do share your experiences as well.

Thank you

Vedant.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Vedant,
    Good to see that you are developing interest in this feild. I will be trying this on large scale at my farm this year onward.
    Mahendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kaka, This is so interesting that you are doing it on larger scale. Please do tell us about this so even we will get good tips from you. Now I spend time with my grandfather who spend his entire saturday sunday developing our building garden.

      Vedant

      Delete
  2. Its good you took to gardening its a pleasant hobby. Also when there's a bloom or when some plant bears fruit its really satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes :-) it is just a week and my few seeds started growing and i am so thrilled.

      vedant

      Delete
  3. wow!Wonderful Vedant. So nice to hear that you are growing vegetables at home.Even I have planted a couple of vegetables and fruits on our terrace.Suggesting that you could also plant Tomato,chillies,capsicum,Brinjal,Methi,etc as all these are very easy to grow.They need a little maintainance and care but I am very sure that they all will lovingly grow under your shelter.I will be posting some photos of vegetable plants on the blog,so do take a look.Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will surely consider those options of vegetables when i will start work in kitchen windows to grow vegetables.

      Other day when me and my dad admiring our garden, he told me that see how i am putting my efforts and regularly giving some time for maintaining and caring these plants and when we see the result as a beautiful plant or flower we really feel happy and satisfied from inside.

      One new thing I learned is when we plant anything put our efforts and everyday give certain amount of time in maintaining, the result you can see immediately and same i think now i have to apply in my studies as well.

      I would like to invite all of you to visit my new window gardens :-)

      vedant.

      Delete
    2. Also, Om I want to ask you that on which day you will be free, so you can teach me how to solve the Rubik cube. Currently i can solve only 1-2 colors.

      vedant.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vedant very good i am really happy ,you can grow chilli garlic,coriander,turmeric, wheat etc. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mavashi. Other day when you told me about father's day, me and pinku made beautiful card for Baba and later mamma laminated it to use as table mat :-)

      vedant

      Delete
  6. That's totally awesome!I myself love gardening and plants.Take good care of them!

    -Anagha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yes it makes us too happy when we see our plants growing. I also started looking at plants now while playing :-)

      vedant.

      Delete
  7. Nicely written. I really liked the fact that you are doing this alongwith Mehek.
    sanjay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kaka,

      Yes, Mahek doing this along with me. Last sunday we also asked Mahek to find out one activity which she enjoy doing so even we 3 can do that with her and learn new thing, same like my activity.

      vedant.

      Delete
  8. Vedant, you write in a very simple and wonderful style.
    I appreciate your commitment towards cleanliness of staircase which is a common area of building.
    Glad to know this
    Vikas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Hello Kaka,

    Yes, I have started writing on my own on blog.

    And, I always ensure that the staircase and other things should not get dirty and building maids should not suffer due to my hobby.

    Vedant.

    ReplyDelete