Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Reality Shows- My experience
Hi friends!! 
As most of you'll know, I myself had  participated in a reality show-Marathi Paul Padhte Pudhe( it was a Marathi reality show just like entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega) We had participated as a group of mallakhamb students.
It was a completely new experience. We got to know all the procedures behind a T.V screen. It was fun to watch the cameras swivel around the stage. The front camera used to come really fast towards the stage and at first we actually ducked to avoid it! but the operator knew what he was doing, so it sailed past  us without doing any harm. We were constantly watching Mughda Godse and Makrand Deshpande. It was funny how they needed a mirror and comb every 2 minutes. Mughda Godse never talked much with anyone but Makrand Deshpande was very interactive.Nitin Desai Studio is a really beautiful place at Karjat.The studio had a lot of sets which were used for Jodha Akbar and other serials. We explored all that we could while we were there.If I can, I will surely put some of those photos on the blog.On the good side we had a lot of fun, we saw something new and I tried to live every moment of it.
Like it is said - every good thing has it's bad consequences.I had to face a lot of problems as I had my terminal examinations and I had to go directly to Karjat from school. I used to study at night and my schedule was spoilt. Everyone of us lost sleep as most of the times the shoot went on till late night. I also missed a very important session of shibir just because I had to attend a shoot. I regret it very much but I could not do anything as I could not leave my team at the last moment when they needed my performance the most.
I learnt one more thing from this experience- not to make mistakes and to cover up the other's mistake to make it look flawless.I also learnt to accept and appreciate tho others.
None of us had ever thought that we could actually come on T.V. and bring this sport forward.
I have to say that reality shows are a really effective medium to show your talent to the world as after our team won, many people started trying for mallakhamb and it was actually known to a lot of people.
In all it was a good experience and I enjoyed it a lot.

-Anagha 

4 comments:

  1. चांगलं लिहीले आहेस.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well expressed Anagha . The decision to continue to inspite of many challenges so that your team wins shows great team spirit and character. We also got a sense that there are many viewpoints to the same event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well written and because of you I came to know what goes on the stage and how the shooting is exactly done

    ReplyDelete